How it works
The Kitagawa Gas Detector Tube System consists of a pump and glass detector tubes. The tubes are filled with an absorbent material and chemical reagent which, when in the presence of the target gas, produces a colour stain along the tube. Click on the picture below to view a video on how to use the Kitagawa Gas Detector Tube System:
A calibration scale is printed on the tube to enable the user to easily match the length of the colour stain to the concentration of the gas present.
Method in brief
- Insert a Kitagawa tube into the Kitagawa pump.
- Take one easy stroke of the pump.
- Wait for the flow indicator button to pop up and show that sampling time is complete. Read off the scale to establish the concentration of the target gas.
New improved sampling pump
The Kitagawa Gas Detector Tube System is an accurate and cost effective spot gas detector sampling system, offering over 300 gas detector tubes, from Ammonia to Xylene for applications including Occupational Health & Safety, Process Control and Indoor Air Quality Control.
- Portable and incredibly easy to use.
- No power supply required.
- No calibrating needed, ever!
- Lower cost of analysis.
- Flow Indicator clearly shows sampling completion.
- Tip Cutter stops scattering of cut glass.