Flammable Gases – ATEx Certified Infrared CH4 or C3H8 Gas Transmitter, 0.4-2.0V or bridge type, 0-100% Vol or LELProduct Code: 2112BM4A-V / 2112BP4A-V
ATEx certified infrared Methane CH4 or Propane C3H8 sensor in 4 series standard size with integrated analogue (standard 0.4-2.0V) or bridge type dc transmitter (output on request), 0-100% Vol. or 0-100% LEL. This sensor can also be calibrated to Butane, Ethane, Isobutane or Propylene.
Add to enquiry
ATEx certified infrared Methane CH4 (M4) or Propane C3H8 (P4) sensor in 4 series standard size with integrated analogue (standard 0.4-2.0V) or bridge type dc transmitter. Output on request
Measuring Ranges: 0-100% Vol. or 0-100% LEL CH4 or C3H8. Optional calibration: 0-100% LEL Butane C4H10, 0-100% LEL Ethane, 0-100% LEL Isobutane IC4H10 or 0-100% LEL Propylene C3H6.
Sensor sizes: 4 series
– METHANE CH4 CALIBRATION 2112BM4A-V
– PROPANE C3H8 CALIBRATION 2112BP4A-V
The M4/P4 series of infrared gas detection sensors utilise NDIR (Non Dispersive Infrared) to monitor the presence of Methane CH4 or Propane C3H8 (depending upon which gas the sensor is precalibrated), and hydrocarbons.
This technique is based on the fact that the gas has an unique and well defined light absorption curve in the infrared spectrum that can be used to identify the specific gas. The gas concentration can be determined by using a suitable infrared source and analysing the optical absorption of the light that passes through the gas.
The sensor contains optics and incorporated electronics with software in order to provide an output that is linearised and temperature compensated. The type of output can be of analogue voltage type [0.4 V—2 V] dc (other voltages, falling or rising, are available on request) or bridge type [Vcc/2 ± Δ)] dc (falling or rising and Δ value is to be specified by the customer) depending on the sensor model.
The sensor provides a linearised and temperature compensated analogue voltage output (voltage or dynamic pellistor) that is proportional to the gas concentration. This version is ATEx certified.
- Analogue (voltage or dynamic pellistor) standard output
- Incorporated signal linearisation and temperature compensation suited for manufacturers without any specialist knowledge in IR technology
- Standard sensor size 20mm (4 series)
- Fast response
- Robust construction
- Wide operating temperature and humidity range
- Low power consumption
- ATEx approved version
– Standard version infrared sensor in 4 or 7 series sizes with integrated analogue (standard 0.4-2.0V) or bridge type dc transmitter. Output on request (part no. 2112BM4-V / 2112BP4-V)
– Standard version sensor in 4 or 7 series size (part no. 2112BM4 / 2112BP4)
– ATEx approved version sensor in 4 series size (part no. 2112BM4A / 2112BP4A)